Lone Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lone Wolves

Forum for Lone Wolves RS Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Member Recognition

Go down 

Do you think this is a good Idea?
Good
New Member Recognition I_vote_lcap100%New Member Recognition I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Bad
New Member Recognition I_vote_lcap0%New Member Recognition I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't Know
New Member Recognition I_vote_lcap0%New Member Recognition I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage

New Member Recognition Empty
PostSubject: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:20 pm

As our great clan, Lone Wolves, grows(around 50 right now) I feel like some new members need to be more recognized. Normally all that happens is that they say hi on the chat and disapear into the crowd. This may be one of the issues causing inactivity and lack of participitation. As conversations with members that already know eachother carry on the new member may feel left out. They may not want to intergect into the conversation or show up at events because they do not share the same bonds or know us as well. A good way to fix this is if we hold some sort of recognitional cermony of sorts that introduces the new member to us, and us to the new member. It could merely consist of them telling us about themselves and each of us giving a little information about ourselves. It would not have to be directly when they join. Perhaps we could set away some time at the weekly meeting for our new members of that week to be recognized. Of course this assumes that they show up or are online, but regardless we could still put there names out there and make the rest of us be a little more attentive when they come online. This could be as simple as directly saying hi to them on the chat or asking about them. This could bring them into conversations more, bond with us, and hopefully get more activity out of them.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Good idea, this can happen at the cc meetings.
Back to top Go down
https://lwrs.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Wouldn't this typically be like an introduction thread? Everyone says a little about themselves, their hobbies, interesting trivia, and etc?
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Some people just don't like going on forums, afraid of SPOOKY VIRUSES OH MY!

I wish everyone would come on here, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm going to be honest, I'm not too big on forums. I can be expected about once every other day.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Just try and advertise it, pwetty pwease?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Deus wrote:
Just try and advertise it, pwetty pwease?

How could I say no to a face like that?
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm

lol Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:52 pm

If we don't recognize them or get them involved how can we get them to the forums if even only a few of the active members participate frequently on the forums?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Don't look at me. I'm doing my best to be active. I'm more active than Lone Tough is, in fact, and I fairly clearly told him I would barely post.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Advertising the forums to new members is a good way to get recognition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, your introduction thread sounds pretty good Komissar. We could list our members on it with descriptions of them provided by others and themselves. But it still helps if we give each new member special recognition when they join and try for the first week or 2 that they are on to include them more in conversation to make them feel like they are part of the group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:58 pm

I'll go get a Clan Introductions thread warmed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:09 pm

sweet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 am

The old forums my clan had actually had a whole section for solely introduction threads and it was actually a really popular section. Members were really eager to introduce themselves and get to know the other members. Even the veterans of the clan posted an introduction thread about themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member Recognition   New Member Recognition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member Recognition
Page 1 of 1