Lone Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lone Wolves

Forum for Lone Wolves RS Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible Structure For Ranking

Go down 

Good or bad?
Yes?
Possible Structure For Ranking I_vote_lcap67%Possible Structure For Ranking I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
No?
Possible Structure For Ranking I_vote_lcap33%Possible Structure For Ranking I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage

Possible Structure For Ranking Empty
PostSubject: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Do to Dannys mom1 recently leaving(Taking 3 members with her) becasue of a dispute on activity and requirements for the clan members, I came up with this. While we want to remain a friendly and accepting clan and keep a level of freedom where members are not required to participate in events, there should be something. Instead of being active being required to be in the clan like Danny proposed, activity levels could be required to rank up in the clan. Members who join simply to have a sense of community should care little of their rank so long as they have a clan to be with. The more dedicated members that avidly are active in the clan should be rewarded with the ability to rank up within the clan.

I understand that some members may want to participate, but don't have as much free time as others do keep a high level of activity in order to rank up. So ranking based on activity does not have to be purely focused on activity in the game. It does not take nearly as much time to use the clan forums. Members can show their dedication and eagerness to rank up in the clan by playing in game and participating in clan activities or being a frequent member of the clan forum. THis way activity levels are judged on two different scales, in-game/event activity and forum activity. A member that frequently participates in events but not so frequently posts on the forums can rank up equally with someone who frequently posts on the forums but not so frequently participates in events.
Members that show full, or a more complete dedication to the clan, will rank up faster. A true completely dedicated member frequently participates in both the events and the forums.

The multiple "brackets" of participation would be as follows;

1)Inanctive-These players rarely participate in events and/or the forums. They make 0 to 1 event every 2 weeks or post 0 to 3 times on the forums every 2 weeks. They are not eligable to be ranked up. Have a score of 0 per week*.

2)Active member-These players participate in clan events and/or the forums. They are at at least 1 event a week or post at least 3 things on the forums every week. They are eligable to be ranked up. Have a score of 1 per week*.

3)Dedicated member-These members are avid participaters in both the clan events and the forums. They go to at least 2 events every week AND post at least 6 things on the forum every week. They are eligable to rank up, and at a faster rate then Active members. Have a score of 4 per week*.

*Because of player's scheduals, your "score" can be earned in multiple ways. 1 event is equal to 1 point. 3 posts is equal to 1 point. So it is possible to be a dedicated member by by going to 2 events a week, posting 6 times a week, or any combination that results in a score of 4, so long is they have at least 1 point from events and 1 point from posts(for example, 1 event and 9 posts a week).
Of course the posts have to be semi-legitimate and can't be spam. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't know about this. A simple way to get rankups is participate and help the clan out with certain things like bumping the RSOF thread, organizing events, etc. It's the most basic thing but it works, we don't need anything complex for this really.. just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
https://lwrs.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Deus. I left WoW because people were taking themselves too seriously, and I joined this clan because it seemed really laid back. Adding in a complex mathematical system, spreadsheets to keep track of member activity and all of that BS would really take away from what's special about this clan.

Besides, earning promotions based solely on a point system is a great way to spur corruption. Just because someone goes to events doesn't mean they're fit for leadership at all. Example: Me. I go to quite a few events, bump the threads often, and do my best to be helpful, and this has earned me a promotion. However, I'll be the first to say I have neither the skills or knowledge necessary to make me a competent leader.

Now, if you'd like to independently host a reward system or something and keep track of points yourself or with someone else who likes the idea... Say, everytime someone gets 10 points or 50 or some other arbitrary number, you give them a shout out, or maybe 100k or something, I don't know... That'd be kind of nice. But rewarding activity with leadership roles? I disagree with that.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:57 pm

I was a warlord/star In Tough's 2 old clans and I did a pretty good job at it. It was fun, but we'll have to see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Deus wrote:
I was a warlord/star In Tough's 2 old clans and I did a pretty good job at it. It was fun, but we'll have to see what happens.

And I've found no fault in your leadership so far. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Quote :
. Adding in a complex mathematical system, spreadsheets to keep track of member activity and all of that BS would really take away from what's special about this clan.

It isn't really complex, and it doesn't even have to be with exact numbers, this is only a rough structure, not a full-fledged design.

Quote :
Besides, earning promotions based solely on a point system is a great way to spur corruption

I'm sorry if you misinterpreted that part. I don't mean you rank up on points, I mean those with a higher weekly score should be given a little more thought towards a promotion. If anything it is a tiering system. Another thing you could look for is consitincy of activity. If someone is changing every week from inactive to dedicated, it would show a lack of consistancy. Someone holding a steady active would be a better candidate. And it isn't soley based on points, which it wasn't really(based on activity in the clan). There are X-factors like how they get along with the clan, leadership qualities, ect.

Quote :
Just because someone goes to events doesn't mean they're fit for leadership at all. Example: Me. I go to quite a few events, bump the threads often, and do my best to be helpful, and this has earned me a promotion. However, I'll be the first to say I have neither the skills or knowledge necessary to make me a competent leader.

This was only meant from pup-elite wolf. Sorry I didn't put that in the Opening post. Leadership roles are given differently, requiring the leaders to see something special in that individual that makes them a good leader. Very similar to the military actually. Being a good soldier only gets you so far, special qualities and actions are required to advance onto higher ranks.

Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm

TheKomissar wrote:
Deus wrote:

And I've found no fault in your leadership so far. Keep it up.

Thanks. I hope I can keep benefiting the clan as a whole and make everyone happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:00 pm

I understand what he means, he means you have a better chance of ranking up by attending events which we already do as it means your a very active person in the clan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Just trying to fine tune the original method a little though. If you think about it it isn't really a whole new idea, just adds classifications, or rather tiers to the existing method.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Structure For Ranking   Possible Structure For Ranking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Structure For Ranking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lone Wolves :: Suggestions-
Jump to: