Lone Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lone Wolves

Forum for Lone Wolves RS Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Holiday Parties/Events

Go down 

Good Idea or bad?
Good
Holiday Parties/Events I_vote_lcap100%Holiday Parties/Events I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Bad
Holiday Parties/Events I_vote_lcap0%Holiday Parties/Events I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't Know
Holiday Parties/Events I_vote_lcap0%Holiday Parties/Events I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage

Holiday Parties/Events Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 pm

In efforts to boost activity, bonding, and fun levels of the clan I came up with a new idea. Perhaps on holidays we should have some sort of party or event. I will adress it in the following parts:

1)Details
2)Benifits
3)Religious differences
4)Any other issues

Ok first I will start with the details. These parties/events will be held on or near the dates of well known holidays/historical days in history. The content of the parties can be related or unrelated to the actual event itself. An area must be designated for it, preferably not someones player owned house, but a place easy to give directions to. This place must not be very crowded with other people to begin with though, as the original people may not want to be bothered and it should be one of the clan's goals to be curtious and respectful to other players. Planning must be thought of beforehand such as food, prizes, and activities so that the partiers are occupied and having a good time. It would be preferable to have a minor dress code that is only recomended to be followed but does not have to be. The dress code could be based upon the holiday itself, or just something to show unity or group behavior. Non-clan members can join the party as well. You can invite your friends to come if they wish. Also people passing by can join in as well if they so choose. Advertising should start beforehand, possibly just a couple random shouts during your playing time saying what, when, and where. We should also incorporate these days into a larger clan "calender" that can have dates, times, places, ect... for these events. This could be posted on this site and/or the forums on runescape.com. During the party we should be respectful to non clan members. While we may know eachother's bounds, we may be unaware of other people's opinions and emotions. Also clan vexilliums should be place in and around the local area of the party to draw attention to the clan. An unfortunate and less fun job can also come with this. If there isn't much traffic at a party, then advertisers should be sent out to populated areas to draw attention to the party. I have single-handedly held parties for events similar to this with minimal help from a few friends, in a hard to reach and dangerous area., but still got massive results. Obviously these are more elaborate and will take more planning, so it is advised they are planned well ahead of time, possibly even with a board of members planning them(Which I would happily participate in). Also, with the possibility of a clan bank, we could also ask for donations from non-clan members to help with the clan. They don'y have to be big, and 1 or 2 people should be the designated clan donation gatherers. To add more fun and usefulness, auctions(Credit goes to I AM IC3MAN on that one)can be held. Clan members and partiers alike can bid on various items put forth by the clan. They can be either regular auctions or silent auctions. This creates a fun way in which people can get new items for possibly lower prices, and give money to the clan.

These Parties are not only fun, but can be benificial to the clan aswell. The parties can boost activity. Clan members that are not normally very active may join the party as it is more laidback than a clan event or war. This could bring some previously low activity players into a more active role. Parties are also a good form of clan bonding. While meetings and events do a good job at that, a party provides a laidback atmosphere that you can get to know people better in. Events are normally focused on the task, and meetings are focused on improvement. The parties are not confined by a purpose so people can(respectfully) speak freely without the worry of reaching a goal. it also lightens the mood of the clan. A party once and awhile will brighten people's attitudes give a pleasant distraction from other, more stressful things. This benefits the clan as a whole, as nobody likes someone with a bad attitude. A major area that needs to be worked on in lone Wolves is recruiting. These parties can serve as a massive recruitment oppurtunity. With the clan hosting and advertising it, more people become aware of its existence. The more people that know of it, the more people join, and who doesn't want to join a clan that has parties? The vexilliums present in the area will only add to the recruitment bonus.

As many people from many different cultures and religions play runescape, religious and cultureral differences could arrise. These can be worked out any number of ways. if you feel there is a holiday that should be celebrated but isn't getting a party, then speak up, and it can be given one. If you are unaware of a certian event you can be briefed on it and from there you can decide if you want to go or not. If you have no connection to the holiday or are offended by it, you are not required to go and participate, but be aware that it will not simply go away, as these parties aim to me multi-cultural. If you are too offended by it, we could have it scheduled to a time when you are not on or will be inactive, so you do not need to even listen to clan chat about it.

There are also some other issues that need to be addressed. If and un-ruley player enters the party and starts causing trouble steps must be taken. first, ask them politely to leave the party alone. if they refuse, and they likely will, try to send messages to the crowd via friend chat or private messages to change to a different world. If impossible, just try to ignore the un-ruley player and carry on with the party. I cannot stress enough that these need to be planned far ahead of time so they can be set up easily. If there are any other worries please post them below.

so what do you guys think?

Last edited by dilophosaur2 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Auction Idea put forth by I AM IC3MAN)
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:59 pm

It sounds like a good promotional idea to get people to go to clan events. I'm an atheist to be truthful here, but I don't mind going to parties like that as long as it's just that - a party. If you ever need help scheduling you can always come to me.
Back to top Go down
https://lwrs.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:03 am

Strictly for fun, no religious promotion, well besides standard sayings and things for that holiday. I'm athiest too, but being on Onlinedebate.net, I'm very accepting of other religions.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:08 am

Oh okay. This should be fun, everyone should take time to read your idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Unfortunately I don't think many people are aware of the offsite, that or they are too lazy to do anything about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Also, is it possible that you can grant me access to edit the calender on this site in order to add dates for the events? That or I can message you the dates and detials so that you can put them up onto the site. That or I can make a thread listing the events and also have it serve as a place for holidays that are not widely known.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Calendar is useless the events section is better, but you can use it if you want.

You can also suggest people to join, advertise the forums often if you can
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:27 pm

There's no option for a rank to be able to use the calendar, I apologize for the inconvenience of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Is my birthday a holiday? Because it should be.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm

If it's on a OFFICIAL holiday, sure. ;P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Deus wrote:
If it's on a OFFICIAL holiday, sure. ;P

I'm afraid the closest thing to a holiday in August would be my birthday. I'll be turning 18 on the 15th.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:32 am

Well it's true... August needs atleast ONE holiday, and I'll gladly supply it with the grandest of them all; my birthday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 pm

I guess we could have more private clan birthday parties for our more higher ranking clan members.
Back to top Go down
Deus
Admin
Deus

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 pm

I figured you'd be celebrating your birthday...off RS hehe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Here is a list of some holidays, tell me your thoughts on them.

January
New Year's day-Jan 1st
Epiphany-Jan 6th
Martin Luther King's Birthday-Jan 16th
Chinese New Year-Jan 23rd

Febuary
Groundhog day-Feb 2nd
Mawlid al-Nabi-Feb 4th
Lincoln's Birthday-Feb 12th
St. Valentine's Day-Feb 14th
President's Day-Feb 20th
Mardi Gras-Feb 21st
Ash Wednesday-Feb 22nd

March
St. Patrick's Day-Mar 17th

April
April Fool's Day-Apr 1st
Palm Sunday-Apr 1st
Good Friday-Apr 6th
Passover-Apr 7th
Easter-Apr 8th(2012)

May
May Day-May 1st
Cinco De Mayo-May 5th
VE Day-May 8th
Mother's Day-May 8th
Memorial Day-May 30th

June
Ascension Day-Jun 2nd
Shavuot-Jun 8th
Pentecost-Jun 12th
Flag Day-Jun 14th
Father's Day-Jun 19th

July
Independence Day-Jul 4th

August
First Day of Ramadan-Aug 1st(Ha, there is a holiday in August besides your birthday!)

September
Labor Day-Sep 5th
Rosh Hashanah-Sep 29th

October
Yom Kippur-Oct 8th
Columbus Day-Oct 10th
Sukkot-Oct 13th
Shemini Atzeret-Oct 20th
Diwali-Oct 26th
Halloween-Oct 31st

November
All Saint's Day-Nov 1st
Election Day-Nov 8th
Veteran's Day-Nov 11th
Thanksgiving-Nov 24th
First Sunday Advent- Nov 27th
Muharram-Nov 27th

December
Hanukkah-Dec 21st
Christmas-Dec 25th
Kwanzaa-December 26th
New Year's Eve-Dec 31st

Obviously we cant have them all, so We'll limit each month to 2, except for December, that can be out party month. I'll make my list of one's I think we should have in my next post, you guys can do the same, then we can work from there. Also if there is a holiday I didn't post and you think it should be there, just tell me and I'll incorporate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 pm

January
Martin luther King Jr's birthday
Chinese New Year

Febuary
St. Valentine's Day
Mardi Gras

March
St. Patrick's Day

April
April Fool's Day
Easter

May
May Day
Mother's Day

June
Flag Day
Father's Day

July
Independence Day

August
First Day of Ramadan

September
Labor day
october fest(Forgot to put that on the list, entschuldigung)

October
Columbus day
Halloween

November
Veteran's Day
Thanksgiving

December
Hunukkah
Christmas
Kwanzaa
New Year's eve

looking forward to your lists. I tried to stay as religion nutueral as possible. This isn't set in stone and is open to change based on your lists and new holidays that I did not mention.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Right now I'm just waiting for a greenlight from leadership. Then I will start full scale planning for each event. Of cousre it is always open to change.

Perhaps we keep some of the big holidays every year, and switch out smaller ones now and then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:22 am

my birthday is august 8th. 20 yrs old. and yess u should be off rs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:31 am

oh and im not wiccan, but celebrating the holidays would be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 am

I'm a Taoist, and our holidays aren't really worth celebrating, and I'm not offended at all by skipping them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 am

I'm Catholic so our holidays are important lmfao, but with all the different religions I like it, but if people were to get offended i'd rather not have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:21 pm

If someone is offended, then we can either schedule it sometime else or, depending on how badly it offends them, cancel it all together and replace it with another holiday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Or if they're offended for a reason we can tell them to man up.
See: Christians being pissed off at Muslim holiday and vice versa.

edit: avoid using the r word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Parties/Events   Holiday Parties/Events Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holiday Parties/Events
Page 1 of 1